Is your skin looking dull and lifeless with fine lines, wrinkles and discolorations? Your aesthetician may recommend a chemical peel to improve your skin’s appearance. In this cosmetic procedure, a chemical solution is applied to the face, neck or hands with the purpose of exfoliating dead skin and stimulating the production of new skin. The outer layers of dead skin literally peels off, overthe course of a few days, as the younger looking skin emerges.
A chemical peel provides many benefits:
- Reduces mild scarring
- Treats acne
- Diminishes the appearance of age spots, freckles and dark spots
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles caused by sun damage
- No downtime. As the skin exfoliates, moisturizser and makeup can be applied to disguise the flaking
- Improves skin clarity and texture, for a more rejuvenated appearance
Many chemical peel options are available and the wide variety can be daunting. It is important to schedule a visit to your aesthetician for expert guidance in finding the right type of chemical peel for your skin.
Popular Chemical Peel Options
-ViPeel: Improves the tone, texture and clarity of the skin; reduce or eliminate age spots, freckles, and hyper-pigmentation, including melasma; soften lines and wrinkles; clear acne skin conditions; reduce or eliminate acne scars; and stimulate the production of collagen, for firmer, more youthful skin.
– Obagi Radiance Peel: A quick and easy salicylic acid based peel to help smooth, brighten, and tighten the skin.
– SilkPeel: This technology uses a doubly effective method of combining controlled exfoliation (or microdermabrasion) with a nourishing skin serum, which deeply penetrates the surface layers of your skin. It gives the skin a deep clean and glowing appearance.
– Glytone Jessner Peel: These peels can be used to decrease mild to moderate hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, delivering an overall lightening and brightening appearance.
After a chemical peel procedure, the skin is sensitive so protect it by wearing a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses as well as applying a broad-spectrum sunscreen when outdoors between the hours of 10am and 2pm.
Ellie Mirali, MPAS, PAC is a board certified Physician Assistant and Orlando’s leading laser specialist/owner of Breeze Laser Center. Services include chemical peels, non-invasive cosmetic procedures, Fraxel laser treatment, laser hair removal, Botox and filler injections, skin resurfacing, body contouring and cellulite reduction using VelaShape III, laser hair growth, acne treatment, tattoo removal and skin care treatments. Schedule an appointment today 1 407-370-9142 or visit www.breezelasercenter.com. Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/breezelasercenterecrease fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of premature skin aging and are great for acne.